openvpn stops working after a server reboot

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
jjbaranowski
OpenVpn Newbie

openvpn stops working after a server reboot

Post by jjbaranowski » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:27 am

I downloaded and installed openpvn on my centos 5.6 server and everything worked fine. After rebooting the server today openvpn doesn't work anymore. I cant even get to the admin page anymore. Is there a service that needs to be started? I've been searching on the web for a document but have had no luck. Thanks in advance.

-John

Mimiko
Forum Team

Re: openvpn stops working after a server reboot

Post by Mimiko » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:38 am

Is it OpenVPN community or OpenVPN AS?
Check system logs for start up errors and warnings.

rsenio
OpenVPN Power User

Post by rsenio » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Same issue. Testing the VMware Appliance before I make the move to the Hyper-V when the server gets delivered. After a reboot I can't access the admin page, and performing http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-ser ... nt-ui.html works, but I have to setup everything again

rsenio
OpenVPN Power User

Post by rsenio » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Checked my logs, was failing because of a syntax issue on the company logo I used to rebrand the user Web interface. Odd that it would cause the service to die. Anyway, check the log....it helped me

rioncm
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by rioncm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:03 am

If you are using a two NIC configuration make sure you only have a gateway assigned to the public IP address. If there is a gateway address on both the public and private NIC's it causes problems.

biggt
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by biggt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Do this: follow these directions, and for #6 (if you don't already have it installed.... then install it... If you DO have it installed, just reboot the server to simulate the installation)

http://www.openvpn.net/index.php/access ... ainer.html