Reset Server Network Config Settings

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
BobCV
OpenVpn Newbie

Reset Server Network Config Settings

Post by BobCV » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:18 am

Newbie here... Searched the site and could not find what I needed, so please be patient if I ask something previously addressed.

I have OpenVPN as a docker in the Unraid environment, and successfully completed the initial set up. However, I must have done something screwy along the way such that the reported IP address for my local network is not reporting the proper address and connections are no longer being accepted. I originally had a dynamic address name (from DuckDNS) in the hostname box, but for privacy, I've replaced it with my internal IP address -- which is what was formerly in that box when first installed as well as what was previously reported by the eth0: address. Not sure where this address came from, but it seems to be rendering the system non-responsive from the outside world. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the docker in hopes of returning to a default configuration, but that data is apparently stored elsewhere and not deleted on an uninstall. Is there any way to reset the system back to the default configuration conditions or some other method to fix this?

Another issue is that when I installed, the instructions were to configure it as a Host, not a Bridge. However, it will not accept a local login to configure unless I configure as a Bridge. Not sure if this is related to my problem or not.

Thanks for any assist
OpenVPN.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.