please help me configure a client gateway

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
TimoViBritannia
OpenVpn Newbie

please help me configure a client gateway

Post by TimoViBritannia » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:10 am

Hi their,

I am having an openvpn access server hosted on an aws ec2 instance with a static ip. Now I have created two client logins on this server one for my computer and one for my raspberry pi.

The raspberry pi is connected to my local lan network at home. This is the one I want to access using the openvpn access server.

The access server has this configuration. It is set to allow clients to communicate with each other and I have set the allow client gateway on for the user used on the raspberry pi. And entered the gateway 192.168.178.0/24 for my local network. And I want to access the internet using the servers public ip. Which works well currently..

When I know connect my laptop to the vpn server I can access the webserver on the pi by entering the internal vpn network ip provited by the vpn server (the internal client ip). But when I enter an local network IP for example the one of my nas (192.168.178.5) I get nothing. I know this is a routing problem. But I don’t know how to solve it. Here is a image oft he setup.