OpenVPN simultaneous limiting client connections?

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
Reaperblade
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN simultaneous limiting client connections?

Post by Reaperblade » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:45 pm

Hey Guys,

New here, But have been doing as much as I can in terms of reading and can't for the life of me find the answer <insert multiple amounts of google-fu and forum searches>

Basically I am running the latest OpenVPN access server RPM (Centos 7). It works as expected out of the box I can connect etc (I was running the CLI version before).

Basically my configuration allows a single user to have many concurrent connections at a time. So basically the duplicate-cn flag is enabled. What I am wanting to do is basically limit this to 5 clients per user ie.

user: has 2 phones, 2 tablets and computer. if they wish to connect another device it will not allow them unless they disconnect one of their clients/devices.

if possible I'd rather do this WITHOUT having to create a separate certificate for each user.

TL;DR basically have duplicate-cn like functionality but limit to 5 connections at a time per user.

I'm not sure what logs/configs you guys would need also speaking of if I modify the conf files in access server will I break anything?

Cheers