Absolute Newbie- installing Access Server?

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
tojomo78
OpenVpn Newbie

Absolute Newbie- installing Access Server?

Post by tojomo78 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Hello All,
I am currently an OPEN VPN user, and have had no issues until recently. Not sure what the issue is, but I have 1 client computer that is connecting perfectly and 2 others that used to work and now will not show the folder that I need to use? I'm getting the error "named pipes provider error:40" The actual Open VPN seems to be connected, but I cannot access the program/information without getting that error.

The software I use at my office uses SQL Server. I am not familiar with any configuration. I just know that the one client/laptop connects without a problem. That client is using the Open VPN 2.3.10- 1603 and the TAP 9.21.1

I contacted OPEN VPN, about a solution and was given a recommendation to use Access Server? I thought it would be an easy trouble free solution, but cannot figure out how to install it? Here is what the OpenVPN person told me to do,

"
I can help you with that. To get a package like that on your server, you want to right-click the package, then “copy link address” – it might say url or something, but you want the address, not the image.

Then on the server –
wget <link address> use paste to enter the link address
It will only take a few seconds to finish – if wget doesn’t work first do yum install wget.

Then in that same directory there will be the AS package downloaded:
rpm –i openvpn-as<click Tab to finish the rest>

That is it, you will see the package install and the admin UI address will be displayed on the terminal.".....

Firstly I didnt know what Software Package to download? So I ended up trying the Redhat. As a person who is used to a prompt to install, and an installation wizard of some sort, I didn't even know how to load/install it.

I am looking for any help for either the Open VPN fix, or for a dumbed down direction on how to install the Access Server.

Thanks in advance

Tony

robturner80
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Absolute Newbie- installing Access Server?

Post by robturner80 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 am

So it sounds like you are already using openvpn as a client?

I think you are trying to setup a new instance? Support is giving you some basic instructions on how to install Acess Server on a Linux server. If the wget command is confusing you then I suggest a youtube search

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... opensearch

follow their step by step instuctions.