NAT a port on a VPN client

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
jordanfavre
OpenVpn Newbie

NAT a port on a VPN client

Post by jordanfavre » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:49 am

Hello,

I bought a VPS server to OVH with a public ip address. I install on it Debian 8 and OpenVPN Access Server. In my home, I have a 4G router for internet (so I have not public ip address) with a pfsense virtual machine. My pfsense connect as VPN client on OpenVPN Access Server and all my internet trafic pass by my VPS. It work very well, so I surf with VPS ip public address.

I want to forward 8080 port to an web server on my lan network, but I don't know to do this. In example, I want to when I enter on web client http://MYPUBLICIP:8080, it redirect to my web server 192.168.1.5 on port 80. Can you help me please ?

Sorry for my english...

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: NAT a port on a VPN client

Post by novaflash » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:07 pm

The DMZ feature in Access Server allows you to redirect an incoming port on the public IP address of the Access Server, to a specific user. This feature is found under User Permissions and can be set per user.

That sends the traffic for a specific port to the VPN client. If that VPN client itself is not the system where the web server runs, then you need to find a way to forward the traffic from there to the target web server. I don't know how to do that in pfsense, sorry.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.