Disable SSLv3

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
lyka.i.bernardo
OpenVpn Newbie

Disable SSLv3

Post by lyka.i.bernardo » Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 am

Hello,

We are using OpenVPN Access Server 2.4.1 and by default, SSLv3 is enabled. Is there a way to disable this protocol?

Thanks,
Lyka

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Disable SSLv3

Post by novaflash » Mon May 22, 2017 11:58 am

Yes, under SSL Settings > web services > minimum level, TLS 1 or higher.

Beware; changing TLS settings for the OPENVPN DAEMONS here can have consequences for connectivity from older clients. That setting is also unrelated to the web services.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.

lyka.i.bernardo
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by lyka.i.bernardo » Mon May 22, 2017 1:26 pm

novaflash wrote:Yes, under SSL Settings > web services > minimum level, TLS 1 or higher.

Beware; changing TLS settings for the OPENVPN DAEMONS here can have consequences for connectivity from older clients. That setting is also unrelated to the web services.
Thanks! But is there a way to completely disable it?

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by novaflash » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Setting the minimum to TLSv1 disables SSLv3 in the Access Server. Nowhere else in the Access Server is SSLv3 still used. No other settings are available to influence this as no other settings are necessary.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.