I want to buy Purchase License Key

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
ws3xin
OpenVpn Newbie

I want to buy Purchase License Key

Post by ws3xin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:21 am

want to buy Purchase License Key,but i want to know if a Purchase license can only bind to a server。

and if I want to change to another server, is the license still useful?.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: I want to buy Purchase License Key

Post by novaflash » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:34 am

A license key for Access Server is used to unlock a number of allowed simultaneous incoming VPN tunnel connections to an Access Server. You have to provide and install and manage this server yourself. If you install a license key, it locks to the hardware/software of that server. An exception is the Amazon AMI tiered instances where it doesn't use license keys but it works by direct billing through Amazon. But the BYOL model (bring your own license) works as stated by locking to the hardware/software the license key is activated on. If you tear down the server and build it up again, or if you want to move the license key to a new server, then you have to contact the support ticket system at www.openvpn.net > sign in > support to request for your license key to be reissued. This usually happens within a few minutes to a few hours, as soon as the support personnel can respond. The new key can then be activated on any Access Server and will lock to that installation again. You can only get a license key reissued in this way if it is still valid, and not expired.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.