Strange problem i cannot figure out please help !!

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
KrondaliX
OpenVpn Newbie

Strange problem i cannot figure out please help !!

Post by KrondaliX » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:16 am

Okay i'm used to openvpn from 5 years actually, i had made many servers/clients connections.

I'm facing a really strange issue i don't even understand what i should do so perhaps someone here can help me out.

I have a VM server available with failover IP from OVH so there is NO firewall expect the windows one (i had installed hyper-v server with virtual machine i have attemped to connect too without firewall to be sure it's not security policy).

Installed the openvpn server, running and working.
Myself in switzerland i can connect to it with my keys and every other clients keys, but i have a friend in Albania that cannot connect to it.

So he called his ISP, they told my friend that they are not blocking VPN connections, we have configured his router for port 1194, we have attemped more differents ports and no he cannot connect :( The fact is yes he can ping the IP address of server, he can RDP the server, but the openvpn GUI client won't connect !? It's stucked in MANAGMENT STATE WAIT,,, and server site don't receive any packets.

I'm using the same client config file as mine for my friend, but no... it's like he cannot find out the server.

I've attemped dev-tap, dev-tun, udp, tcp and others options i have no clue what's going on !!!

Please help me !

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Strange problem i cannot figure out please help !!

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:18 am

KrondaliX wrote: i'm used to openvpn from 5 years actually,
and you totally forgot to mention the version you are using ...

or any other details ..
[ ]

Please see:
HOWTO: Request Help !

KrondaliX
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by KrondaliX » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:11 pm

and you totally forgot to mention the version you are using ...
The lastest stable version i though it was not needed to inform that's usually common sense...
or any other details ..
[ ]
I've already search over and over on internet regarding this issue i'm posting not because i don't know what is going on but why and if someone has the same problem and had found a solution.
I should be on the dev team
<- your answer tell me why you're not in it...

Anyways i've found a solution so no need to answer anymore.

Bye.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:01 pm

KrondaliX wrote: i have no clue what's going on !!!
KrondaliX wrote:Anyways i've found a solution so no need to answer anymore
As we don't know any more than you ..... we don't need to ask for the solution.