OpenVPN Feature Preview Builds

Weekly dev snapshots are available for testing.
We talk about them here. Testing features in the dev snapshot helps the features make it to stable.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please report your experience with testing branch. Include what you were using and how
If there is a problem, the more info the better!
JoshC
OpenVPN User

OpenVPN Feature Preview Builds

Post by JoshC » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:16 am

I have created a release project for unofficial OpenVPN previews for those wishing to test features in advance of a release. My main target is specific features of interest, primarily on Windows (where custom builds are harder for users.) These are basically "unofficial pre-release beta" installers; these are complete, usable installers.

The project page is at this link on Bitbucket. I may very well add additional downloads to this OpenVPN Preview project as time moves on, depending on the nature and requirement of early-testing new features.

To start with, a build based on the 2.3.2 release with the new TLS negotiation feature has been published for those wishing to take advantage of it. There was one obscure case identified so far where a very old dd-wrt version caused a connection issue with this feature in the wild; as a result I figured an early preview of this feature may be a good thing for anyone wishing to verify that this feature does not pose issues with ancient or modified server setups.

Note that the old SourceForge project will no longer be updated; I'm not happy with the level of advertising there. Use the updated Bitbucket links above.
Last edited by JoshC on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update w/ new project URL

chrismt
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN Feature Preview Builds

Post by chrismt » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:36 pm

JoshC wrote:I have created a SourceForge project for unofficial OpenVPN previews for those wishing to test features in advance of a release. My main target is specific features of interest, primarily on Windows (where custom builds are harder for users.) These are basically "unofficial pre-release beta" installers; these are complete, usable installers.

The project page is here, with a bit more info on the project wiki: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openvpnpreviews/. I may very well add additional downloads to this OpenVPN Preview project as time moves on, depending on the nature and requirement of early-testing new features.

To start with, a build based on the 2.3.2 release with the new TLS negotiation feature has been published for those wishing to take advantage of it. There was one obscure case identified so far where a very old dd-wrt version caused a connection issue with this feature in the wild; as a result I figured an early preview of this feature may be a good thing for anyone wishing to verify that this feature does not pose issues with ancient or modified server setups.

THANKS
Glad to be the first downloader.