New install with 2.3_rc1

Weekly dev snapshots are available for testing.
We talk about them here. Testing features in the dev snapshot helps the features make it to stable.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please report your experience with testing branch. Include what you were using and how
If there is a problem, the more info the better!
MartinYYZ
OpenVpn Newbie

New install with 2.3_rc1

Post by MartinYYZ » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi,

installed openvpn-2.2.2-install on windows 7 machine, and after going through readme, it was evident that there were too many script errors to work on a windows machine (mostly path with spaces in them).

So, installed openvpn-install-2.3_rc1-I003-x86_64, there are still basic issues creating the certificates:
- openssl.exe is not added to PATH, so it cannot be found,
- "WARNING: can't open config file: /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf" is now the error once I added openssl.exe to the windows PATH

I don't have any experience with VPN, so I have to go through everything step by step, and right now, the 2.3 rc1 (or 2.2.2 for that matter) don't work on a windows machine.

side notes: Captcha for forum signup doesn't show up in Chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 m, and it should be indicated on the home screen that Private Tunnel is not free, it looks like it's a download from openVPN.