problem with connection, and bug with icon

Weekly dev snapshots are available for testing.
We talk about them here. Testing features in the dev snapshot helps the features make it to stable.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please report your experience with testing branch. Include what you were using and how
If there is a problem, the more info the better!
smn
OpenVpn Newbie

problem with connection, and bug with icon

Post by smn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 am

Hi,

Some new littles problems (not important, VPN continue working) :

- It's the second time that the green icon indicating VPN is up disapear from the window's bar. But, if you right click on the place this icon was last positionned, you have the contextuel menu and you can do what you want.
I have tried to disconnect, and after this, the icon was visible (in red this time!)

- Second point : I have unplugged the network cable from my laptop, I saw (only in the status) that Openvpn tried to reconnect automatically. But the icon stay always in green, even when the connection is not yet established !

- Third point : Also, from time to time, when I want to connect to a VPN, after clicking to "Connect", the status windows opened, but nothing appears in it. The connection didn't get up. The menu 'connect' stay in grey. In this case, if I click on disconnect, nothing append, except than in this case, the menu Connect and Disconnect thay greyed. The only solution I found in this case is to kill the OpenVPN process and launch it one more time

Hope this informations will help !

C:\Program files\OpenVPN\bin>openvpn.exe --version
OpenVPN 2.3-alpha1 Win32-MSVC++ [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO2] [PF_INET6] [IPv6 payload
20110522-1 (2.2.0)] built on Feb 21 2012
Originally developed by James Yonan
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 OpenVPN Technologies, Inc. <sales@openvpn.net>

config_all.py

Compile time defines: ENABLE_HTTP_PROXY=1, ENABLE_DEBUG=1, ENABLE_MANAGEMENT=1,
ENABLE_CLIENT_SERVER=1, ENABLE_PASSWORD_SAVE=1, ENABLE_CLIENT_ONLY=0, ENABLE_SO
CKS=1, ENABLE_FRAGMENT=1,

romana
OpenVpn Newbie