Client Key

Scripts to manage certificates or generate config files

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

hi007007
OpenVpn Newbie

Client Key

Post by hi007007 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Hello,

I wrote script for creating VPN-key for client into Perl and when the ./build-key "Client Name" step executing, it ask me couple question like county: , State: ...... what should I have to change in config of VPN so it take whatever assign by default instead of asking me to enter. I already modified vars file and assign default values. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

J

janjust
Forum Team

Re: Client Key

Post by janjust » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24 am

the 'build-key --batch' command uses the env vars found in 'vars' , in combination with the openssl.cnf file to create a new client signing request (CSR). Read the sources for the 'easy-rsa' 'pki-tool' command to see how it is called directly.
Alternatively it is also possible to generate a CSR directly without having to rely on the env vars found in the 'vars' file.

hi007007
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by hi007007 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks for your reply but I am very new to these stuff so if you can help in detail that will be great because I don't want to mess up with server. Thanks.

janjust
Forum Team

Post by janjust » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 am

you don't have to change anything to the server config; simply start with the HOWTO
http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-sourc ... o.html#pki

and follow that. Some work on your part IS required :)