Server certificate verification method needs to be enabled?

Scripts to manage certificates or generate config files

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Dankertist
OpenVpn Newbie

Server certificate verification method needs to be enabled?

Post by Dankertist » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:12 am

Hi. I'm new to Linux, and I'm still learning how to use terminal atm. Right now I have Parrot Security 2017.1, and I just downloaded OpenVPN. I extracted the files to my desktop, moved them to a folder, and opened it in terminal. After typing in the username and password, I keep getting this error>>> WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled... I'm not quite sure how to fix this. Can someone help? Thanks. :)

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Server certificate verification method needs to be enabled?

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:27 am

Code: Select all

WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.  See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.

Dankertist
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Dankertist » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello, thank you for replying. When this error showed up for me, it prevented me from using my VPN. I was able to fix this by downloading another VPN file. However, I am now faced with an entirely different issue. Once the VPN initializes, I lose my connection to the internet. Every attempt that I make at searching something ends with the session timing out. I don't believe this is related to the certificate verification method error, do you by any chance know how to address this?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 pm

I recommend starting here