Credentials deleted from Keychain - how to change client config?

Scripts to manage certificates or generate config files

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

brennonmartin
OpenVpn Newbie

Credentials deleted from Keychain - how to change client config?

Post by brennonmartin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:14 pm

I have a customer whose IT team deleted all of the credentials in his Keychain Access app on his Mac, but the Tunnelblick client is still looking for username and password in the Keychain, as shown in this log file snippet:

----------------------

Code: Select all

Configuration preferences:

autoConnect = 0
-onSystemStart = 0
useDNS = 1
-resetPrimaryInterfaceAfterDisconnect = 1
-routeAllTrafficThroughVpn = 1
-keychainHasUsernameAndPassword = 1
-loggingLevel = 3
-lastConnectionSucceeded = 0
------------------------

And here is a snippet from Console logs showing the difficulty the client is having:

----------------------

Code: Select all

2016-08-03 09:05:22 Tunnelblick[27331] Can't retrieve Keychain item for service = 'Tunnelblick-Auth-gobe-vpn' account = 'username' because it does not exist
2016-08-03 09:05:22 Tunnelblick[27331] Can't retrieve Keychain item for service = 'Tunnelblick-Auth-gobe-vpn' account = 'password' because it does not exist
2016-08-03 09:54:24 Tunnelblick[27331] Can't retrieve Keychain item for service = 'Tunnelblick-Auth-gobe-vpn' account = 'username' because it does not exist
2016-08-03 09:54:24 Tunnelblick[27331] Can't retrieve Keychain item for service = 'Tunnelblick-Auth-gobe-vpn' account = 'password' because it does not exist
----------------------

How can I change the configuration setting so that the client does not look in the Keychain for the credentials? Unistall/reinstall did not work, and I have not been able to find any obvious box to check/uncheck.

Here's the version info on the client: *Tunnelblick: OS X 10.9.5; Tunnelblick 3.6.5 (build 4566); prior version 3.6.4a (build 4561)