Google location dubai?

This forum is to discuss and rate service providers of OpenVPN and similar services. THIS IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISEMENT. All posts have a poll with a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, to rate the quality of service, etc.
Forum rules
1) You must create a poll with 5 options, Do Not Recommend (1), Poor (2), Acceptable (3), Would Recommend (4), Strongly Recommend (5).
2) This is not a free advertisement for providers, but a place to review those providers.
3) Polls which are found to be doctored by providers will be locked to a rating of 1 and the source of the spoofing will be revealed to all, including Google.
elgato
OpenVpn Newbie

Google location dubai?

Post by elgato » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:18 am

Hi

I use private tunnel and very happy with it too but have noticed recently that whatever server I log onto.. google results had me down as being in Dubai... click on use my location and it came up with my home town... just seems odd and wonder if there is any need for concern?

Also I only downloaded the private tunnel app, is this sufficient or is there other software that should be installed along side it.. i remember last year trying to install and use additional software but could not wrap my head around it and could not get it to work, but as far as I know the Pirvate tunnel app on its own does what it says on the tin?