KomodoVPN openvpn service

This forum is to discuss and rate service providers of OpenVPN and similar services. THIS IS NOT A FREE ADVERTISEMENT. All posts have a poll with a rating of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, to rate the quality of service, etc.
Forum rules
1) You must create a poll with 5 options, Do Not Recommend (1), Poor (2), Acceptable (3), Would Recommend (4), Strongly Recommend (5).
2) This is not a free advertisement for providers, but a place to review those providers.
3) Polls which are found to be doctored by providers will be locked to a rating of 1 and the source of the spoofing will be revealed to all, including Google.

Rating

Strongly Recommended (5)
No votes
Would Recommend (4)
No votes
Acceptable (3)
No votes
Poor (2)
No votes
Do Not Recommend (1)
100%

Total votes: 1

linusnoble
OpenVpn Newbie

KomodoVPN openvpn service

Post by linusnoble » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:22 am

hey guys

i just wanted to share my experience with a VPN provider I have been using for a few months.

What I needed was a openvpn service provider. I needed openVPN rather than pptp based on some research that openvpn is harder to block.

So far things are good and it is what I expect of a VPN service.

I am using their Personal VPN plan right now which gives me 100GB of monthly bandwidth. I only use my VPN for streaming youtube and other music sites so I don't need a large amount. Actually, I contact their customer service for extra bandwidth and they gave me an extra 100GB per month for free, same price.

Speeds: I am able to achieve decent speeds when I connect to their US servers. Around ~15mbps down and ~2mbps up which is just about the max speed i have from my ISP. Pretty good, easily streaming 1080p content from youtube and netflix. other media is no problem.

Reliability: I never got any unexpected disconnect from their VPN servers. The uptime and reliability seems good, so no complaints there. Although I don't keep my VPN for 24/7 usage so I can't comment too much on it.

Support: Their customer support is good. I submitted a ticket about an error I encountered while trying to connect to their openVPN servers. They responded quite quickly in a matter of 10 minutes, and this was during 3am for me! I didnt really use their ticket system after this one time since the service is smooth.

Price: Their pricing is pretty good. About $5 per month for a personal account. They have a premium account option that gives unmetered usage of bandwidth for only $10 per month. I compared this to many other providers, the price seems pretty average. Nothing exceptional but not exactly expensive either, in fact is is pretty cheap compared to other providers i used like HMA and astrill.

Overall: I recommend them. They seem like a fairly new company in this business but they know what they are doing. If you need a VPN account and require OpenVPN you should give them a try.

Extra Notes: they don't give any free trial accounts because to prevent abuse and maintain a clean network. But I opened a ticket with them before buying to their sales dept. and they were able to provide a free trial vpn for 24 hours before I pay. So maybe others can give this a try too, they seem lenient on these things and very friendkly.

Rating: 4.5/5!

their website: http://www.komodovpn.com

hope my review helps!