Openvpn network help

Scripts with setup, destroy, and modify routing tables and firewall rulesets for client connections.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ddtt
OpenVpn Newbie

Openvpn network help

Post by ddtt » Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm

I have a problem with openvpn in linux i hope you people can help me with.
everything works fine and i get an external ip. But i would like to still be able to connect to the local ip.
If im on the local network i can still connect to my computer which is connected to the vpn on the local network on the ip 192.168.1.110 but the portforward that is setup in the router stops working when its connected. But why can i connect with my computer on the local network if i cant when im on wan and try to connect through my router which has a portward to the local ip. how do i get it to work with the local port forward?.

janjust
Forum Team

Re: Openvpn network help

Post by janjust » Fri May 17, 2013 8:26 am

I have no clue what you're trying to achieve here :D

please post the client and server config files, as well as the routing tables (netstat -rn) so we can get some clue what is failing here. A diagram of your intended network setup would also help.

florit
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Openvpn network help

Post by florit » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:27 pm

From home subnet trough the Router with external ip back into home subnet to the von box.

It's simple a Firewall rule on the Router box Hits you and hold you away from vpn.
Make a new *.ovpn file with local subnet adresses

That worx