OpenVPN LDAP authentication

Scripts which allow the use of special authentication methods (LDAP, AD, MySQL/PostgreSQL, etc).

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ldaper
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN LDAP authentication

Post by ldaper » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello,

I have single domain and my config with single LDAP server auth is working fine right now.
I want to authenticate against multiple LDAP servers that host differnt domains
For example LDAP1 is @abc.com and LDAP2 is @zzz.com
User jondoe@abc.com tries to auth. It cant be found in LDAP1 thus switched to LDAP2 and user is found. This is basically what I want to achieve.
I assume by default, if I enter multiple LDAP servers, they will be treated as failover. LDAP2 wont be queried unless LDAP1 do not respond.
Please advice.

Thanks

ldaper
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN LDAP authentication

Post by ldaper » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:40 pm

any suggestions?

ldaper
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ldaper » Fri May 04, 2012 4:19 pm

any help on this please?

xauen
Forum Team

Post by xauen » Sat May 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Use radius between your openvpn and ldap install and configure radius for failover (i know they exists) once openvpn did not see the user in ldap1, radius can switch to ldap2 to find a matching data.
"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no ones definition of you"
-IDK

ldaper
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by ldaper » Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 am

Thanks for your response xauen however failover setup wont help in this scenario. Any cluster configured for failover, will query the second node if and only if the first node is down. Inability to find the user in node 1 is not a valid reason for querying the node 2.

Thanks