user script to get client MAC and send to server

Scripts which allow the use of special authentication methods (LDAP, AD, MySQL/PostgreSQL, etc).

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

cd_open_vpn
OpenVpn Newbie

user script to get client MAC and send to server

Post by cd_open_vpn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 am

Hello,

I have configured openvpn 2.2.2. server on RHEL 6 and openvpn clienr on windows. Server and client are getting authenticated using digital certificates and --auth-user-pass(-verfy).
I know that using --script-security 2 user scripts can be executed from clien.conf & server.conf.
****My requirement**** is to get some details, like MAC, from client machine and send it server after username/password so as to verify it. I know the limitations of this, but i have to do it. I can write some script for windows client to get required info from machine and write it to a file. simillarly i can write shell script to compare the values at server.
Now my problem is, how to send this info which is in the file to the server and compare the corresponding value that has been put is some file on server.

Please help me. Thanks.

Santh

aywu
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: user script to get client MAC and send to server

Post by aywu » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 am

Can you try using socket connections from the client to the server via the connected VPN tunnel?

janjust
Forum Team

Re: user script to get client MAC and send to server

Post by janjust » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 am

currently there is way to send information back from the client to the server. As aywu suggests, you will have to resort to writing a program which sends this info back to the server *AFTER* the VPN has come up.