Windows client - Force SSh traffic through VPN

How to customize and extend your OpenVPN installation.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

scallan
OpenVpn Newbie

Windows client - Force SSh traffic through VPN

Post by scallan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi all,

First time poster here, I've trawled the internet but yet to find a solution to my 'problem'. So looking for some help.
Issue relates to our boss here at work agreeing to let some of us work from home a couple of days a week.

Setup is this:
At work: we have a pfsense router running an OpenVPN server.
At home:windows clients connecting into to this VPN to allow us to access servers at work.
This all works a treat, Note: I have the option of "Force all client generated traffic through the tunnel." UNticked as I don't want/need any unnecessary traffic all going through the office. So all our personl browsing/music streaming etc.. whilst working will not interfere with office traffic.
Our office has a fixed I.P from where we can SSH out to 500+ customer(linux) servers to administer them as the office I.P is in their firewalls.
I'm looking have all SSH traffic from the home windows clients always go out through the VPN to allow us to connect to our servers without any hassle.
Any thoughts?
I realise I could possibly tunnel SSH traffic through a server in our office, but looking for a slicker method..just simply being able to connect, makes it easier for managing staff.

Thanks a lot.