openvpn or ovpnAS with vpc

Use this forum to share your VPN or network disasters. Show diagrams, traffic graphs, or whatever else you need (a video of you letting the 'smoke' out of our network gear).

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

FatDragon
OpenVpn Newbie

openvpn or ovpnAS with vpc

Post by FatDragon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi,
Hi,

I am consulting for a big startup project. I have already deployed vpnserver for some of our test environments.

We like the fact that we can customize the openvpn server and automate server provisioning via scripts for vpnserver.

However I still need these vpnserver to be able to communicate with AWS VPC (public and private subnets).

Is Access Server the only way to work with vpc and to be able to connect corporate office to the vpc networks or can I use the non access server openvpn server to also achieve this?

Thanks

debbie10t
Forum Team

Re: openvpn or ovpnAS with vpc

Post by debbie10t » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:05 pm

OpenVPN Access Server is a commercial product, support for which is provided via their official channels.

OpenVPN Community Edition is Free Open Source Software, support for which is provided by volunteers.

If you want to answer your questions study the documentation and clearly identify your own specific requirements.

Then make a judgement call, based on your requirements and how closely OpenVPN products match those requirements.

This post will remain here for others to offer thier opinions based on what ever clear requirements you are able to divuldge.

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: openvpn or ovpnAS with vpc

Post by Traffic » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:08 pm

OpenVPN Community Edition .. Free Open Source Software .. which Rules :mrgreen: