OPENVPN with DD-WRT with Cyberghost

Use this forum to share your network setup and what's been working for you.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

CarstenP
OpenVpn Newbie

OPENVPN with DD-WRT with Cyberghost

Post by CarstenP » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:59 pm

hello folks,

if I am in the wrong area of this forum please move it. It seemed to be the right area, but I am not sure.

My wife and I like to watch BBC in Germany and I did buy a router with DD-WRT support and OpenVPN on board. I managed to set up a connection to the UK via UDP, but BBC one and and other channels are lagging a lot.
My router shows me, that I do have up to 2 Mbit/s but that's it!

Does anyone have a similar setup or is using DD-WRT with OpenVPN and can recommend another VPN provider?

Please help me.

CarstenP

webboz
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OPENVPN with DD-WRT with Cyberghost

Post by webboz » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:12 am

Hi Carsten....Congrats on getting your router set-up and connected to CyberGhost! I must admit, that's farther than I've been able to get and CyberGhost support is non-existent. I keep getting stuck on some sort of TLS Time-out error.

Did you have this problem and how where you able to get round it please. More details of my current set up are here... https://redd.it/3q55vx

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: OPENVPN with DD-WRT with Cyberghost

Post by Traffic » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:18 pm

CarstenP wrote:I managed to set up a connection to the UK via UDP, but BBC one and and other channels are lagging a lot
FYI: The BBC are onto you guys .. They are Really pissed off that you don't pay their TAX !