Don't save username?

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

normann
OpenVpn Newbie

Don't save username?

Post by normann » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm a fairly new OpenVPN user and there's one thing that bothers me. The first time I connected to a VPN server, I entered my username and password (the configuration file uses auth-user-pass). In the OpenVPN login dialog, there was a checkbox giving me the possibility to save my password but there was no option to store my username but now OpenVPN seems to have stored my username so that I don't have to enter it each time I log on. I'm not sure that I want my username being saved on the computer I use, so how can I make OpenVPN not do that? I've tried searching Google but I can't find the answer.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Don't save username?

Post by TinCanTech » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:56 pm

normann wrote:but there was no option to store my username but now OpenVPN seems to have stored my username so that I don't have to enter it each time I log on. I'm not sure that I want my username being saved on the computer
It is a bone of contention for sure ..

I have not had time to work with the openvpn-GUI extensively myself but maybe there is an option in the GUI settings to control this ?

normann
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by normann » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:01 pm

TinCanTech wrote:I have not had time to work with the openvpn-GUI extensively myself but maybe there is an option in the GUI settings to control this ?
Are you talking about the "Settings" dialog available when right-clicking "OpenVPN GUI" icon from the system tray? Then the answer is no.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:43 pm

You may want to file a bug report:
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/WikiStart

gracet
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by gracet » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

Then how does one save the the username.