Don't minimize OpenVPN Status Window on startup?

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

vangrunz
OpenVpn Newbie

Don't minimize OpenVPN Status Window on startup?

Post by vangrunz » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 am

Hello,

to keep an eye on my server's (and also client's) logging, after every OpenVPN start I restore the status window (and put it on my 2nd virtual desktop, with a much bigger size).

Is there a possibility to prevent minimization of the status window?

I could neither find something in the wiki for command line reference nor here in this forum, so I think that question has not been asked.

My System is Windows 7 x64.

If that's not possible (yet?), well OK, then I'll know it. I also have on my wishlist that OpenVPN stores window size & position so I can find it on my 1st monitor instead of my 2nd, which is the main one. That would be really neat. :-)

If I'm on the wrong forum here (don't know if the OpenVPN GUI is maintained by the same guys who wrote this great program), then I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks in advance!

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Don't minimize OpenVPN Status Window on startup?

Post by TinCanTech » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:16 pm

vangrunz wrote:Is there a possibility to prevent minimization of the status window?
vangrunz wrote:I also have on my wishlist that OpenVPN stores window size & position
With the recent release of Openvpn 2.4, with all its new features, something like this is a "nice to have" rather than a necessity. However, improving the GUI is one of the ongoing targets and your ideas are not beyond the realm. In future you may be able to look forward to these ideas. 8-)