Current Ubuntu builds?

This is where we can discuss what we would like to see added or changed in OpenVPN.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

greenpaint
OpenVpn Newbie

Current Ubuntu builds?

Post by greenpaint » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:39 pm

I run several Ubuntu servers on Trusty, and I've got a test server on Utopic. Current builds in the repository would be really nice.

Thanks!

samuli
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Current Ubuntu builds?

Post by samuli » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:52 am

Hi,

I maintain the official Debian/Ubuntu packages and fully agree with you. The packaging files simply need updating to work for Ubuntu 14.04 and above. I think that copying the updated package metadata from Ubuntu 14.04 distro packages is the easiest path forward. As Ubuntu 14.04 has a fairly up-to-date OpenVPN as-is (2.3.2) and there's nothing really important in later 2.3.x releases I haven't yet done this.

The packaging files are in the sbuild_wrapper repository and I'll happily accept pull requests if someone manages to fix this before I do. I don't need updated packages, because I can build updated ones trivially.

samuli
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by samuli » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi all,

Official Ubuntu 14.04 packages of OpenVPN 2.3.6 are now available in our own apt repositories (instruction for use). If you encounter any issues with these 14.04 packages let me know!

Best regards,

--
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager
OpenVPN Technologies, Inc

irc freenode net: mattock

Buford T. Justice
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Buford T. Justice » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Any chance Ubuntu and other Linux distros will get an actual OpenVPN client connection program like Windows has?