Linux Command Line Client Issues

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

girishadat
OpenVpn Newbie

Linux Command Line Client Issues

Post by girishadat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:51 pm

When I am trying to connect to my company VPN, which makes use of OpenVPN server, it is getting connected from my Ubuntu laptop, with the "openvpn --config client.ovpn" command. But I am not getting the dns settings properly made. I think this is because of warnings during the above command.

Code: Select all

Thu Aug 18 01:58:31 2011 Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in [PUSH-OPTIONS]:4: dhcp-pre-release (2.1.3)
Thu Aug 18 01:58:31 2011 Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in [PUSH-OPTIONS]:5: dhcp-renew (2.1.3)
Thu Aug 18 01:58:31 2011 Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in [PUSH-OPTIONS]:6: dhcp-release (2.1.3)
Thu Aug 18 01:58:31 2011 Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in [PUSH-OPTIONS]:18: register-dns (2.1.3)
It looks like open vpn server is sending out some parameters that are specific for Windows. Otherwise the interpretation of the parameters by the linux client might be wrong. Please advise how I can solve this DNS issue.

janjust
Forum Team

Re: Linux Command Line Client Issues

Post by janjust » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:44 pm

you're right: the openvpn server is sending out a few options which the linux client does not need/support. The commercial version of OpenVPN, Access Server, has the tendency to do this. The warnings can be safely ignored.

AFAIK this has been reported as a bug.

Douglas
Forum Team

Re: Linux Command Line Client Issues

Post by Douglas » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

janjust wrote:you're right: the openvpn server is sending out a few options which the linux client does not need/support. The commercial version of OpenVPN, Access Server, has the tendency to do this. The warnings can be safely ignored.

AFAIK this has been reported as a bug.
Woo access server :)

I actually like it quite a bit from my testing (over the last 24h).

That being said, I think janjust hit the nail on the head.