URGENT: Difficulty in allowing incoming port 22 while run...

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

personaljosh
OpenVpn Newbie

URGENT: Difficulty in allowing incoming port 22 while run...

Post by personaljosh » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 am

Dear all,

Here is my situation, I am using OpenBSD,

I have a server which I do not have physical access to, however I have SSH access to it.

I want to use OpenVPN client to connect to a VPN Server, from my remote linux server which I have done successfuly, and I can use the OpenVPN connection no problems via "links", etc - it shows working.

Whilst the OpenVPN client is connected however I am unable to SSH into port 22 of the server, and once I close it I am also unable to SSH into port 22... infact the server requires a restart everytime.. which obviously is no good...

Could someone please suggest a fix for this error.. I've been searching the internet for hours trying to understand how, and not had alot of luck.. please excuse my ignorance

thank you in advance,

best

janjust
Forum Team

Re: URGENT: Difficulty in allowing incoming port 22 while ru

Post by janjust » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 am

post your client config file and routing tables; sounds like the routing table on the client gets screwed up during/after the VPN connection. DO NOT use bridging unless you have a very good reason to do so.

Douglas
Forum Team

Re: URGENT: Difficulty in allowing incoming port 22 while ru

Post by Douglas » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:14 pm

@OP: I appreciate your offer of compensation to assist, but janjust and the rest of the community (myself included) will help you here for free.

Just give us the configs.