No connect option

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

samy
OpenVpn Newbie

No connect option

Post by samy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 am

Hello,

I have installed the latest package of OpenVPN GUI for Windows and have the following problem. After the installation, when I click right button on icon of openvpn in system tray, it don't have the Connect option. I see only three options: Proxy Settings, About and Exit. Can you advise me why it may happen?

krzee
Forum Team

Re: No connect option

Post by krzee » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:28 am

im assuming you dont have a working config with .ovpn extension in the config dir
see http://www.openvpn.net/howto

samy
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by samy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:13 am

krzee wrote:im assuming you dont have a working config with .ovpn extension in the config dir
see http://www.openvpn.net/howto
Issue fixed, thanks.

didntwanttoregister
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by didntwanttoregister » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Hey this is happening to me too, but I have a valid client.ovpn file in my config directory.

I had the ability to connect so long as I didn't run the application as administrator, but then I did once and now it's useless. I can only see the Proxy/About/Exit options now.

Nothing modified the files in my configuration directory, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch. Nothing is working to correct this issue.

Any ideas?

janjust
Forum Team

Post by janjust » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 am

most likely the file ended up in a Windows virtual store ; check the real path of the file when you're NOT running as administrator. Check the directory

Code: Select all

c:\users\<USERID>\appdata\local\virtualstore\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\config

DozeR
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by DozeR » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:27 am

Sammy can you tell me what you did to fix your problem i am having the same problem and i can't fix it, thanks